Electronic Security Technician
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE TO SELECTED CANDIDATE TO MOVE TO HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA!
Who We Are
Evergreen Fire and Security (EFS) is a recognized leader in the life safety and security solutions industry. We are entrusted by the Federal Government and commercial customers to protect lives, critical infrastructure, and information by providing and maintaining technically advanced and innovative fire alarm, access control, intrusion detection, CCTV, mass notification, and other critical protection systems.
The Key to Our Success
Our success is due in large part to the experience, skills, and expertise of the best and brightest employees in the industry. Due to growth, we are looking for additional qualified experts to join the Evergreen team. Think you have what it takes? Great! We welcome you to submit your qualifications for this great career opportunity at Evergreen Fire and Security.
This opportunity as an Electronic Security Technician is perfect for an experienced low voltage technician in Huntsville, Alabama who enjoys working on security systems!
- Installs, repairs, tests, and maintains security projects
- Serves as the face of EFS to our customers onsite by providing top-notch service and product training
- Ensures safety through compliance with relevant State and Federal regulations
- Handles service orders and project administration
- Performs follow-up to ensure the client is ready for inspection
- Ability to travel
- Valid CPR/First Aid card
- Valid electrician certificate or trainee card
- High school diploma or equivalent
- IT or basic electrical wiring experience
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills to interface with customers
- Ability to call and schedule appointments, follow instructions, and understand code requirements
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work well with others and come to work with a positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license and proof of minimum liability insurance
- Ability to pass background checks, drug tests, and MVR screenings
Great to Have
- Relevant factory certifications and knowledge are always a plus. Great examples include:
- DAQ Access Control/IDS
- Milestone CCTV
- Monitor Dynamics Access Control/IDS
- Prior experience working on government contracts or military bases
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Up to 4% match available
- 100% vested from day one
- Healthcare flexible spending accounts
- Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company-sponsored group term life insurance
- Corporate perks program
- Opportunities to participate in voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, long term care, hospital indemnity insurance, critical illness insurance, legal services, identity theft protection, and accident insurance.
Pay range is $25 - $35 per hour for well-qualified candidates.
We also offer opportunities for training and advancement in a fast-paced, inclusive, and rewarding working environment. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, or at www.evergreenfire.com.
Evergreen Fire & Security is a US government contractor with sensitive access requirements. As our employee, you must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. citizenship due to the level of access to sensitive information and/or restricted facilities.
Evergreen Fire and Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.